Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A quiet thought

A Cat's Prayer



Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray this cushy life to keep,
I pray for toys that look like mice,
And sofa cushions, soft and nice.

I pray for gourmet kitty snacks,
And someone nice to scratch my back,
For window sills all warm and bright,
For shadows to explore at night.

I pray I’ll always stay real cool,
And keep the secret feline rule,
To NEVER tell a human that,


The world is really ruled by CATS.


Author unknown

I saw this on a rescue society's webpage and thought it was touching.

5 comments:

  1. Total World Domination. That is a great purrayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that prayer says it all. And if we don't rule the world, at least we rule this house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen. every day when my Mom goes to work, i yawn, stretch and say my thanks for bein' me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I know my kitties act all sad when I leave for work each morning, but I bet when I drive out of the driveway they go "allright we can party now!" I would love to be one of my kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - SS&S are so right. Our house definitely revolves around US!

    ReplyDelete