Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Stanley Cup Playoffs!



Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Is there a better time of year than this? For once my Dad's team, The Edmonton Oilers has made the playoffs. Even better, they are playing the Detroit Red Wings, Edsel's favourite team.

So Magoo demands that I put out a challenge to his buddy, Edsel. Time to put the kibble where your mouth is. Dad predicts Edmonton to win. He will send Edsel $25.00US to go to the Animal Shelter of his choice, plus Four Cans of Stinky Goodness to him. To cap it all off the loser has to publish a picture wearing the other team's jersey. If the Red Wings lose (I mean when), Edsel has to reciprocate.

Come on Edsel. Time to put your hoo-has on the table.

The following has nothing to do with hockey...

Being outdoors rocks...Dolce

5 comments:

  1. first of all, i don't have any hoo-has....my Mom took care of that a long time ago.

    second, i'm a CAT! where do you think i would get a hundred dollars?? you think my MOM is going to GIVE me that to BET with??? pshaw....

    my meager allowance will match your bet, but i can only go to $25, plus the other stuff..... and, not that i think my beloved wings WOULD lose, 'cause i know they won't....but i gotta look at the worst case scenario and i don't wanna hafta rob my Mom's purse or somethin' equally as wrong...HEADLINES: cat in tuxedo robs bank....no, that's just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad changed the wager down to $25.00. He didn't want to take any food out of the mouth of Magoo's buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the Oilers would be completely creamed, so I've been pleasantly surprised by Roloson so far. My personal "dark horse" picks are San Jose in the west and Montreal in the east, but an all-Canadian final would be fine by me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a very longtime fan of the Oilers, I have been very suprised by how the Oilers are doing this year in playoffs. Pronger and Roloson were great acquisitions. If only M.Peca could hit his stride as well. But the Oilers and Red Wings have had hard fought games all year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dolce, I can't believe how happy you are outside! I'm willing to try outside again, but not wif a harness. An Mom says not wifout.

    ReplyDelete