Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday Thoughts

I have barely been able to keep my New Year's resolution. I have no right to complain because I have a great job with an employer that measures me on terms that I can live with and excel at. I also live in a part of Canada that has been blessed by the random odds of a millenia of geography.

Right now I am working from home with my four furkids milling about the house. I wish it was all peaceful and loving but it is not. Magoo and Baci have declared open hostilities against each other. I think it is due to the alpha male change within the house. Magoo is 11 going on 12 and Baci is 0 going on 1. Nature is in Baci's favour but it does nothing to make our life easier.

There are two points of hope within our house. Baci and Dolce are completely bonded. We don't have the right terms for their bond. Is it brother/sister, mother/son, friends, or soul mates(sorry Scout)? They seek each other out. It is the sweetest thing to watch.

The other point of hope is Bella. With Dolce and Baci bonded, she is free to be herself. She has become more cuddly and attentive in the last little while.

We have begun our spring cleaning early. There is reason for that but if I tell you why my wife will kill me and feed my body to the cats. As part of "MY" tasks, I came across some photos. They are photos of Smudge and Bella and Magoo when they were kittens. My wife and I gushed and cooed over each picture. We even found the negatives from when Smudge climbed the Christmas Tree and sat amongst the lights. It was our Christmas letter that year.

I promise you that I will get these pictures scanned so you can see Bella and Smudge before Dolce and Baci. We almost forgot how cute Bella was (She made Dolce look like the homely sister). Don't get me started on the pictures of Magoo when he was small enough to be held in one hand. We almost forgot how small Smudge was when he first graced our door.

7 comments:

  1. mommy finded Grampa Norton and Gramma Trixie's baby pikshurs - they was bof sitting in her hand. she went SQUEEEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harper and Ramona are totally bonded. It has changed since Brendan left us because Ramona was married to Brendan. But now with just the two of them their relationship goes from brother sister to pair bonding. And Brendan was the top male in the house with Harper the respectful junior. Now Harper sees himself as Top Cat.
    However, Ramona in her female wisdom knows that she is Queen and puts up with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Lady's "spring" cleaning usually starts on Thanksgiving and goes on till about March, when she gets really tired of it. She hasn't gone through the pictures in a while though. She keeps promising us she's gonna do that and show us some of the cats who came before. We're still waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am eagerly awaiting the baby pictures. I hope things settle down a bit for you soon. I have given you an award. Please stop by my blog to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the pictures!!!!
    Scout is challenging Shaggy for the alpha cat position too. They have some pretty loud yowling & rassling matches, but so far Shaggy is holding his ground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love to see "baby" pictures. Mom has to find our baby pictures and put them up too. We gave you an award. Stop by and pick it up.

    Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh please photos. i would love to see them.

    ReplyDelete