Monday, June 05, 2006

Dolce is a troublemaker

I don't have any pictures of Dolce's antics this weekend, but you have to trust me she is a troublemaker.

This weekend was the work in the yard weekend. I hadn't mowed the lawn for a while and it was quite long. We won't go into too many details about how Dandelions became the dominant perennial in our flower beds. My Wife was busy with work this weekend, so I decided to enlist my nephew and the two worked on geting all the yard work done. He is still in High School, and never says no to the opportunity to earn a couple of bucks.

My nephew met Dolce when she was a wee little kitten. She took to him instantly, but then again she is a little heart breaker. She was hesitant at first but then it seemed she suddenly remembered him and they were best friends again. Now that you have the image of two guys working hard outside, with a couple of cats running around and investigating everything we were doing.

Before Dolce was on a leash when she went out, but since we were outside the entire time, I let her go leash free. Well, she ran, and she ran, and she chased bugs, and she attacked bushes, and she ran and she jumped. Of all the activities she did, bug chasing was her favourite. My nephew laughed that she was even trying to chase after a couple of bees.

This leads us to the complaint of Dolce being a troublemaker. I don't mind her chasing bees or wasps. Sooner or later she catch one, and maybe she will get stung. If she does, I'm pretty sure that will end the lure of bee-chasing. But, damn it Dolce, don't swat at the bee flying by while I'm carrying you into the house. All that does is tick off the bee. The bee doesn't separate you from me when he gets whacked by an overeager kitten paw. Now, my nephew and I have to deal with the ticked off bee. Luckily no one got stung. Getting your dad stung by a bee is a real quick means to end your yard priviledges.

16 comments:

  1. A bee! It sounds like it would be fun to swat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck wif the bees, I just ated a spidey. Hope he didn have any stinger.
    Beau Beau

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stay away from the bees and wasps or anything that can bite back. A nice slow spider is more of my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i likes the flies. the flies are fun! - Miles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ated some bees last week Dolce. But that was after I played with them to death! You are a good helper! -Scout

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmmmm, we're not so sure Dolce doesn't know exactly what she's doing. Perhaps she's testing to see if you'd still love her EVEN if she were responsible for a bee bite or two ... Alberta, Sky, Blackie and Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just calling by to say an early Happy Purrthday to Bella for tomorrow. (I might not get round the blogs tomorrow so I'm just making sure I don't forget her.) Have a lovely day Miss Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genius. Troublemaker. Same diffurence.
    She's a tabby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to Bella! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Purrrthday, Bella!

    As for the bee-swatting, that sounds mighty dangerous. My human pet yells at me when I start doing the same thing when a wasp enters our house. Doesn't she know I am doing it to protect her?

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahahahahahaha ~Merlin


    Happy Puuurthday late Bella ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh, I don't want to mess with bees and wasps!

    Thanks for dropping by my party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about the Oilers guys. Mum was watching and wanted them to win.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dolce, you has to be careful. I decided to chase a black and yellow striped thingie and he bited me! I started to cough and choke and Mama got really scared. I don't fink I'll be chasing no buzzing things no more.

    Luv Taz

    ps we are sorry the oily great big tub hockey players losted too. Mama wanted that team to win. I need a big tub like that to play hockey in, it looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you folks in hockey withdrawls like I am? Told you the Oilers were doomed with me cheering for them.... sss's mom

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, ok, so we all know Dolce is a trouble maker. She MUST have something new to tell us by now, right? Magoo, you're the boss, get your blog updated! You all are sleeping away June! Hmph. Proly beans wif too much werk, like mine. Sorry excuse.

    ReplyDelete